Information for Junior and Youth Campers
Articles to Bring to Camp
- A Bible, Notebook (Youth), pillow, pajamas, sleeping bag, towels, and toiletries
- Use of electronic devices will be limited to designated times.
- All medicine must be turned over to camp personnel upon arrival.
- Money is recommended for service offerings and snack store.
- Talking, whispering, and unnecessary noise is not permitted during services.
- Counselors must give permission to leave a service.
- Jeans, slacks, skirts, skorts, or dresses are appropriate for all worship services.
- Sport clothing (other than spandex) may be work at other times.
- Inappropriate lettered shirts will not be permitted.
- T-shirts must be worn over bikinis.
- Finger tip length shorts may be worn for recreation, morning classes, and morning worship (Except Sunday)
- No crop tops or short shorts are permitted at any time.
- Boy's muscle shirts and tank tops are permitted for recreation only.
- Shirts and shoes are to be worn at all times
Check Out Time
- Junior Campers check out after the 1st Sunday noon meal.
- Youth Campers check out after the 2nd Sunday noon meal and by 3:00 pm.
- Due to Insurance Liability, campers will only be permitted to leave camp grounds for Board approved field trips.
- When camper leaves and returns, they must be accompanied by parent/guardian and contact Youth Director.
- Parents should notify Youth Director at time of registration of any need for camper leaving the grounds; such as doctor appointments or work.
Notice: Failure to abide by the above rules may result in extra work assignments or the camper being sent home with no reimbursement.
Campers Guidelines and Responsibilities
Keep your bunk area cleaned and your personal belongings in your suitcases or hung up
Daily duty that rotates: KP duty (before and after the three meals), bathrooms, dorms, and grounds cleaning
KP duty– follow the cook’s directions, clean off the trays, put the silverware into the containers that go in the dishwasher and take out the trash
Bathroom cleaning– make sure there are paper towels, toilet paper, sweep, and take out the garbage when the bag is full
Dorm cleaning– sweep the room(s), hallway, stairs, and the downstairs entrance and take out the garbage when the bag is full
Grounds cleaning– pick up trash around the grounds throughout the day as you go about your daily schedule
Daily Schedule and Important Information for Campers
All youth should be ON TIME to all events
- all youth should be up and getting dressed
8:00 A.M. Morning Watch
- all youth report to the tabernacle for morning devotions
- raise the flag
8:15 A.M. Breakfast
- have prayer before entering
- sit with the campers
- some will stay afterwards for KP duty
8:45 A.M. Daily Clean-up
- belongings should be put away, in suitcases/bags
- the floor should be picked up
- the floors should be swept
- check the garbage and replace bag as needed
9:15 – 10:15 A.M. Youth Class
- take a Bible, paper, etc. if you have them
10:15 – 10:30 A.M. Break
- use the bathroom, if needed
10:30 – 11:30 A.M. Morning Worship
- sit towards the front in the center, left section
12:00 P.M. Lunch
- same as breakfast
After Lunch - 1:00 P.M. Rest time
- in dorms or in a guided activity with a counselor
1:00 – 1:30 P.M. Prayer Circle
1:30 – 4:00 P.M. Recreation
- Games – indoor or outdoor as directed by the counselor and/or weather
- Swimming, weather permitting and if adult transportation can be provided
- Snack bar open
4:00 – 5:00 P.M. Showers and rest
5:00 P.M. Dinner
- same as breakfast
5:45 P.M. Dress nicely for the evening service
6:30 P.M. Choir Practice (2nd week only)
- song evangelist leads
- lower the flag
7:30 P.M. Evening Worship
- same as morning worship
9:30 P.M. Youth Activities
- snack store
10:30 P.M. Youth in dorms
10:45 P.M. Lights out and doors locked